Staff Corporate Accountant
Strong preference provided to candidates currently residing in Colorado; relocation assistance/consideration not provided
Position resides in Corporate office (in office setting; not remote)
Join our TEAM! Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping, Capital Pumping LP and Eco-Pan, Inc. (also known as Concrete Pumping Holdings – the holding company NASDAQ: BBCP) has an immediate opening for a full-time Staff Corporate Accountant based in our corporate office based in Thornton, CO. Reporting to the SEC Senior, this position is responsible for providing assistance with all SEC filings, technical accounting matters, documenting policies and procedures, month end close related items, and related actionable recommendations under the direction of the SEC Senior and Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Prepare quarterly and annual 10-Q’s and 10-K’s
- Review of XBRL prepared by 3rd party company
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums as required
- Prepare consolidation of Company’s accounting records including elimination of intercompany balances between foreign entities
- Prepare earnings per share schedule and analysis
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting
- Perform, document and improve monthly / quarterly / annual controls over financial reporting
- Other ad hoc requests as needed
- Complete assigned tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Provide regular status updates of ongoing projects, including any obstacles or concerns.
- This position does not supervise other employees at this time, but may provide oversight of consultants utilized by the Company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with 3.0+ GPA
- 2+ years relevant work experience including at least 1 year of public accounting experience required. CPA certifications preferred (must have all CPA exams passed).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and requirements
- Ability to carry out fieldwork with little or no supervision and manage expectations on a day to day basis.
- Excellent organizational skills, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to be flexible in an evolving environment.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including customer service/relationship management skills
- Flexible, dependable, confident and accountable
- Desire to evolve and grow as organization evolves
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards
- Use of office equipment and computers
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials (up to 20 )
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The incumbent selected for this position is eligible for a base salary range of $55K – $60K (depending on experience) plus a discretionary bonus. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and your family members. In the following pages, you will learn more about the benefits available to you, including:
- Bundled medical plan with dental AND vision coverage
- Telehealth for virtual doctor visits at no charge
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- Voluntary short-term or long-term disability
- Company-funded health savings account
- Voluntary dependent/elder care flexible spending account (elder must be an IRS tax dependent)
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program for our employees and their immediate family members
- A 401(k) plan with a company match
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We conduct both drug testing and background screening. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer.