SEC SENIOR – IN OFFICE – Thornton, CO
Concrete Pumping Holdings (“CPH”) is the leading provider of concrete pumping services and concrete waste management services in the United States (“U.S.”) and the United Kingdom (“U.K.”), primarily operating under the only established, national concrete pumping brands in both geographies – Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping, Inc. (“Brundage-Bone”) for concrete pumping in the U.S., Camfaud Group Limited (“Camfaud”) in the U.K., and Eco-Pan, Inc. (“Eco-Pan”) for waste management services in both the U.S. and U.K. The Brundage-Bone business was founded in 1983 in Denver, Colorado. Since then, the Company has expanded across the U.S. and U.K. through more than 65 acquisitions. Eco-Pan was founded in 1999 and Camfaud was acquired in 2016.
Located about 10 minutes north of downtown Denver. This position is 100% in office with occasional remote flexibility.
The SEC Senior will be supporting the SEC Manager. This individual must be highly proficient in Word, Excel, accounting and attention to detail is key to being successful. Primary objectives of this role are as follows:
· Assisting the SEC team with the following tasks:
o Preparation of quarterly and annual 10-Q’s and 10-K’s
o Preparation and research for technical accounting memorandums
o Adoption of new accounting standards assessments
o Review of consolidation of Company’s accounting records including elimination of intercompany balances between foreign entities
o Earnings per share analysis
o Preparation of cash flow schedules
o Coordination with XBRL process and controls
o Perform ad hoc projects as requested
o Build productive relationships in a positive and collaborative manner
· Performing various SOX controls for the US segments;
· Liaising with the branches to ensure that other SOX controls are being performed as outlined in the Company’s control narratives. This includes providing guidance as needed, preparing detailed procedural manuals and monitoring or testing to verify the controls are operating effectively;
· Learn current softwares impacting the US Pumping business, including but not limited to, the ERP system (used for invoicing, accounts receivable, etc.) and telematics provider (GPS in Company equipment), including how to create transactions, run reports, identify exceptions, and investigate activity;
· Assisting with implementation of new financial or operational systems; and
· Providing day to day support and guidance to the branch operations teams and coordinate with on site and off site teams to gather information.
High level confidentiality is needed as well as a professionalism that can deal with different types of personalities. This position reports directly to the SEC Manager, and includes any additional tasks as assigned.
This is a high growth, fast paced organization that is a publicly traded company. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical. Schedule flexibility is important. All levels are exposed to the CFO and upper management in the company.
Education / Experience
· Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Required: minimum 3 years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting or similar SEC experience; preferred Big 4 experience.
· Required: Advanced Excel experience – Proficient in vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables and shortcut keys
· Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work with minimal direction, able to prioritize competing tasks
· Excellent verbal, written, and relationship management skills
· Strong working skills with MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
· Experience in working with multiple departments/people
· Outstanding phone and customer service etiquette
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.