Please ONLY considering LOCAL candidates in the Denver Metropolitan Area with a MINIMUM of 3 years Payroll Supervisor Experience
Pay Range $80,000-$90,000/year DOE – NOT REMOTE
This position is responsible for managing and performing a wide-variety of payroll activities for employees across the US (approximately 1,000+) for multiple sites and states, including hourly and salaried employees, and administers company-wide payroll processing and distribution.
This position is located onsite Monday – Friday 8am-5pm with occasional overtime.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process weekly hours and earnings data including garnishments, benefits, taxes, bonus payments, etc.
- Wire direct deposits and distribute payroll checks to the proper work locations
- Ensure that the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate, timely and consistent
- Process 401(k) contributions and loans
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with HR, Finance and Operations to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Ensure systems are set up and maintained to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union)
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Answer payroll related inquiries from management and employees in a positive, courteous and prompt manner
- Always maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- This position will supervise other employees within the Payroll Department
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College and/or payroll-related certifications preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3 -5 years documented and ongoing payroll processing experience; preferably in a large multi-state company
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Practical knowledge of general payroll policy, government regulations and tax requirements
- Solid knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws
- Experience with certified payroll and prevailing wages highly desirable
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position requires excellent math and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create relationships with other team members
- Ability to supervise others in the processing of the weekly/biweekly payroll cycles and the associated reporting, while also actively assisting with that processing
- Dependable, punctual, confident and accountable
- Must be highly organized with the ability to follow through in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to prioritize among competing requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards
- Use of office equipment and computers
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time
- Positions in this class typically include extended sedentary positions, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
Hiring is contingent on successful candidate passing a background and drug test. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer.