Payroll Processing Clerk
Strong preference provided to candidates currently residing in Colorado; relocation assistance/consideration not provided
Position resides in Corporate office (in office setting; not remote)
Join our TEAM! Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping, Capital Pumping LP and Eco-Pan, Inc. (also known as Concrete Pumping Holdings – the holdings company NASDAQ: BBCP) has an immediate opening for a full-time, Payroll Processing Clerk in our corporate office based in Thornton, CO. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this entry-level position is responsible for performing a wide-variety of payroll activities for employees across the US (approximately 1,000+) for multiple sites/states, including hourly and salaried employees, and assists with the administration of company-wide payroll processing and distribution. A self-starter, hard-working, fast-learning individual who is a great cultural fit will round out the current team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Process weekly hours and earnings data in a Sage300 payroll system including garnishments, benefits, taxes, bonus payments, etc.
- Submit direct deposits and distribute payroll checks to the proper work locations.
- Assist with the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations.
- Assist with the processing of 401(k) contributions and loans.
- Assist with reviewing W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with HR, Finance and Operations to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Assist with ensuring that systems are set up and maintained to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union).
- Assist with the regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Answer payroll related inquiries from management and employees in a positive, courteous and prompt manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- This position does not supervise other employees at this time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College and/or payroll related certification a plus.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills. Ability to create spreadsheets. 10-key competency required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, particularly as it relates to the entering of data into a processing system.
- This position requires excellent math and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Excellent relationship management skills. Outstanding phone etiquette.
- Dependable, punctual, mature, confident and accountable. Able to take direction from supervisors.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to follow through in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to prioritize among competing requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Positions in this class typically include extended sedentary positions, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The incumbent selected for this position is eligible for a base salary range of $22.00 – $24.00 an hour (depending on experience) plus a discretionary bonus. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and their family members, including:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Bundled medical plan with dental AND vision coverage
- Telehealth for virtual doctor visits at no charge
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- Voluntary short-term or long-term disability
- Company-funded health savings account
- Voluntary dependent/elder care flexible spending account (elder must be an IRS tax dependent)
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program for our employees and their immediate family members
- A 401(k) plan with a company match
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We conduct both drug testing and background screening. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer.