Insurance Claims Analyst
Strong preference provided to candidates local to Colorado; relocation assistance/consideration not provided; position resides in CPH Corporate office (in office setting; not remote).
Join our TEAM! Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping, Capital Pumping LP and Eco-Pan, Inc. (also known as Concrete Pumping Holdings – the holdings company NASDAQ: BBCP) has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced Insurance Claims Analyst in our corporate office based in Thornton, CO.
This position assists the Company in evaluating and proposing resolutions to general insurance claims and construction contractual issues. This person will act as a resource to the management teams by performing assessments of insurance claims and drafting of responses, providing guidance on the defense of claims, and working with the management team to develop risk mitigation and present program to mitigate Company’s risk.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the assessment, research and initial response of claims related to Automobile, General Liability, Worker’s Compensation, Pollution, Environmental, and Excess in Commercial Insurances in accordance with Risk Management Department directive.
- Assists Risk Management Department in evaluation of all claims, provide oversight to the TPA handling claims, work with legal and prevention of litigation.
- Promptly and effectively handles to conclusion all assigned claims with little to no direction and oversight. Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in company policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance and applicable product/services, and construction industry decisions which may impact the claims function; current guidelines in the claims function; and policy changes and modifications. This may require attendance at various seminars and/or training sessions.
- Maintain all claims files, worker’s compensation and OSHA reportable data, OSHA 300 reporting, Carrier and Broker correspondences.
- Provides comprehensive reviews of Contract Documents to identify and mitigate risk identified regarding contractor requirements in accordance with Risk Management Department directive.
- Assists Branch Management in amending Contract Documents including indemnification, insurance requirements, and on-going work exposures. Partners with stakeholders to strengthen company’s position in dealing with construction related issues.
- Coordinates work with other departments or outside entities relating to insurance and construction claims, discussions of issues, and resolution of problems related to claims activities. Supports efforts to write, revise and update Company’s policies and procedures and contract documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
This position does not supervise other employees at this time.
REQUIRIED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of a valid Colorado State Driver’s License.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years Commercial Insurance claims experience across all lines of coverage.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- TPA or Corporate experience a plus.
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of the Construction Management.
- Methods and techniques used in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to claims management including insurance, contract administration, and negotiation.
- Methods and techniques of claims management defense, including use of alternate dispute resolution methods and litigation construction claims.
- Techniques to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and statistical databases.
- Utilizing personal computer software programs for accomplishing assigned work (i.e. communications, preparing spreadsheets, schedules, reports, etc.).
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, contractors, vendors, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Interpreting policies and procedures to administer, discuss, resolve and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
- Maintaining a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of large complex claims with emphasis on hands-on claim.
- Interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
- Interpreting and applying applicable federal, state and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Critical and strategic problem solving.
- Preparing and analyzing complex data and comprehensive reports.
- Effective, clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Working cooperatively with other staff, departments, Agency officials and outside agencies.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, repetitive motions, stooping and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, physical harm and extreme noise when conducting site visits and working in the field.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
The Company promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the company’s safety rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations and/or other employees.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The incumbent selected for this position is eligible for a base salary range of $80,000 – $90,000 (depending on experience) plus a discretionary bonus. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and your family members, including:
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Bundled medical plan with dental AND vision coverage
- Telehealth for virtual doctor visits at no charge
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- Voluntary short-term or long-term disability
- Company-funded health savings account
- Voluntary dependent/elder care flexible spending account (elder must be an IRS tax dependent)
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program for our employees and their immediate family members
- A 401(k) plan with a company match
Hiring is contingent on successful candidate passing a background and drug test. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer.