Concrete Pump Operator
The operator shall be responsible for the operation of a concrete pump truck from driving to and from the job site, operation
of the pump and keeping the equipment clean and in good operating condition. The safety of himself as well as all others
is paramount. As such, the operator will be required to continually educate and improve their knowledge of all facets of
concrete pumping. The operator is expected to be a quality representative of the Company and must have the ability to
relate with customers in a professional, responsible manner. Because this is a highly competitive business, the hours
worked will be irregular with many last minute changes. An operator has to be flexible to the needs of the Company and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not to be construed
as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other
job-related task as requested by their Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drive the pump truck in a safe, conscientious and lawful manner while complying with all company policies and
• Maintain all of licenses, documents, and testing as required by law to operate equipment.
• Must always operate the pump in a safe, conscientious manner as required by the company and any applicable governing
• Immediate notification to the Branch Manager, or designate personnel, of any unsafe job-site condition.
• Assume sole ownership of any and all decisions made in the course of performing their job and the consequences.
• Required to report immediately to management any and all incidents and accidents, including those injuries to you.
• Set up system, and clean out the pump after the job while complying with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform light repair of pumps; some maintenance is required. Know pump well enough to recognize problems and
• Maintain excellent customer relations. Represent the Company through efficient work and courteous service.
• Keep pump washed and free of concrete and grease. Keep system free of concrete.
• Return system after use to appropriate location in yard. Keep yard neat and orderly.
• Complete and submit pump inspection forms. Complete and submit pump maintenance forms. Keep an accurate
timecard of time worked.
• Maintain all licenses, documents, and testing as required by law as it applies to the equipment assigned.
• Travel to various job sites, often out-of-town. Maintain log books, permits, expense reports, and receipts as required.
• Must be able to work long hours and overtime as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Transfer 2” to 5” hose from truck rack to ground, from ground to area of need and reposition hose to install clamps.
• Transfer 2” to 5” hose to/from truck rack and to/from area of need.
• Transfer pipes, hoses to/from truck, to/from area of need and reposition to install clamps.
• Transfer pipes from ground, stand pipes up to dump out concrete when breaking down job.
• Transfer hoses to/from truck, to/from area of need and position tip hose.
• Grease zerks, engage lever on hose sprayer to wash down hopper, pump and equipment.
• Access elevated pour locations to set up and break down hoses and pipes
• Access truck cab and access hoses, pipes in truck rack and on back of pumper.
• Access equipment in yard, access truck, access pour location and lay out pipe hose.
• Position/remove gaskets and clamps when setting up and breaking down hoses/pipes.
• Must stand to set-up, operate, tear down and wash down concrete pumper and equipment; to shovel dirt prior to
setting outriggers; to operate pump remote; to monitor pour.
• Experience operating concrete pumps.
• Must have knowledge of concrete pumps and some mechanics involved to keep the pumps in good running order. Must
have the ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical problems.
• Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid CDL.
• Must possess valid DOT medical card.
• Must be able to read and understand equipment manuals and safety manuals.
• Experience working with customers and suppliers.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must be able to meet DOT requirements for hearing and seeing.
• Must be able to verbally communicate to others.
• Must possess good manual dexterity to climb on and around the pump truck in all weather conditions common to the
area of the country.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to overhead position.
• Must be able to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to walk on uneven terrain, cleated walkways and wire mesh.
• Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to tolerate seated posture for long periods of time while driving concrete pump truck from one location to
• Must tolerate working environment with outside temperatures that include excessive heat, cold, wind, and precipitation.
We conduct both drug testing and background screening. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.